How do peristaltic dosing pumps work?
1. The peristaltic pump is based on alternating compression and relaxation of the hose or tube drawing the contents into the hose or tube, operating in a similar way to our throat and intestines.
2. A rotating shoe or roller passes along the length of the hose or tube totally compressing it and creating a seal between suction & discharge side of the pump, eliminating product slip.
3. Upon restitution of the hose or tube a strong vacuum is formed drawing product into the pump.
4. The medium to be pumped does not come into contact with any moving parts and is totally contained within a robust, heavy-duty hose or a precision extruded tube.
5. This pumping action makes the pump suitable for accurate dosing applications and has a pressure rating up to 16 bar (hose) and 2 bar (tube).
6. The high pressure hose has inner layer of 2-6 reinforcement layers and an outer layer, which allow higher working pressures and generate higher suction lifts than non re-enforced tubing.